cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why FNMS Web UI don't show specific computer in the list?

Hi all,

I'm using FNMS 2019R2 now.

I just install agent on target machine(unix like server) but some specific host didn't listed in All Inventories under Discovery and Inventory menu. this computer name is exist in Computer_MT table in FNMSInventory database.

anyone who knows?

regards,

gotqcorp

(1) Solution

Hello @gotqcorp,

If your issue is with a blank serial number on a device record, then you can check the hardware classes that have been reported in the .NDI file on the device (in particular: MGS_BIOS for Linux, Win32_BIOS for Windows)

Default .NDI locations below:

Windows: C:\ProgramData\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\Tracker\Inventories
Linux: /var/opt/managesoft/tracker/inventories

I have attached the Schema Reference Guide PDF - on page 677, the description for the SerialNo column in the ImportedComputer table has a full listing of the various methods used by the agent to gather serial number data.

The PDF is for 2019 R2, so please adjust your version as necessary.

HTH,

Joseph

If my response answered your question satisfactorily, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to heighten visibility for future customers!

View solution in original post

(6) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

Can you please check the ImportedComputer table as well? Also some machines are renamed during the import process. I've seen that happening with AIX machines. So maybe you can try searching for serial numbers in All Inventory.

Best regards,

Markward

thank you for your replying.

after first seen on web ui, then was gone after few days and never appear. do you know what's happened? 

any advise for me?

regards,

gotqcorp

Hi, I just found out that there was no seral number which host wasn't showed on web ui. How do I do for solve it?

Regards,
gotqcorp

Hello @gotqcorp,

If your issue is with a blank serial number on a device record, then you can check the hardware classes that have been reported in the .NDI file on the device (in particular: MGS_BIOS for Linux, Win32_BIOS for Windows)

Default .NDI locations below:

Windows: C:\ProgramData\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\Tracker\Inventories
Linux: /var/opt/managesoft/tracker/inventories

I have attached the Schema Reference Guide PDF - on page 677, the description for the SerialNo column in the ImportedComputer table has a full listing of the various methods used by the agent to gather serial number data.

The PDF is for 2019 R2, so please adjust your version as necessary.

HTH,

Joseph

If my response answered your question satisfactorily, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to heighten visibility for future customers!

When an agent uploads inventory, it gets added to the FNMSInventory database.  You will not see any actual inventory in the Web UI until a Full Reconcile is performed.

thank you for your replying.

my case was that there was first seen for specific host on web ui but now it was gone. i can't see now.

can you help for this case?

regards,

gotqcorp.