cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find logging regarding sites being enabled/disabled, if it exists?

Dear Flexera community,

In FNMS when going to Discovery & Inventory --> Subnets --> Sites we can see if a site is enabled or disabled. We were wondering if any information about sites is logged, and if so, where it is logged. We would like to create a dashboard using Splunk and want to include information about our vCenters (enabled or disabled or last used or something similair). This is only possible if such information is logged. 

Our question: Does such information exist, is it logged and if so where can we find it?

Thanks in advance.

(1) Solution

Hi bleepie

My assumption is that you are concerned about sites and subnets not coming from Active Directory - where the 'Update automatically' property is set to 'No'? Sites and subnets with 'Update automatically=Yes' will generally be updated from the Active Directories that the FNMS environment integrates with.

For the sites and subnets that are maintained manually, there is no auditing. In an on-prem environment, you could use a customization like a database trigger that adds some logging capability.

Sites and Subnets do not have a History tab like other FNMS objects that you can customize and cannot use custom fields, sections or custom tabs. The auditing information could be retrieved from a custom report (built from SQL) though.

Since you mention the vCenter scanning configuration specifically, you may want to audit not only the subnets, but the 'Actions' and 'Rules' configured in FNMS as well.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

Hi bleepie

My assumption is that you are concerned about sites and subnets not coming from Active Directory - where the 'Update automatically' property is set to 'No'? Sites and subnets with 'Update automatically=Yes' will generally be updated from the Active Directories that the FNMS environment integrates with.

For the sites and subnets that are maintained manually, there is no auditing. In an on-prem environment, you could use a customization like a database trigger that adds some logging capability.

Sites and Subnets do not have a History tab like other FNMS objects that you can customize and cannot use custom fields, sections or custom tabs. The auditing information could be retrieved from a custom report (built from SQL) though.

Since you mention the vCenter scanning configuration specifically, you may want to audit not only the subnets, but the 'Actions' and 'Rules' configured in FNMS as well.

Hi Erwin,

Thanks for your reply. The setting "update automatically" is indeed set to no. We are also running a on premise environment. I'll discuss the posibilities of a database trigger with my team.