cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is ProgramData folder in old version of Windows Server 2008(prior R2)?

Hi All, I'm trying to gether inventories from Windows Server 2008(it's not R2) I couldn't find out the 'ProgramData' folder under 'c:\' directory. Anyone who knows where it is? Regards, gotqcorp
(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

C:\ProgramData is normally configured as a hidden folder in Windows, and is not visible by default in Windows Explorer. Is that where you were expecting to see it?

Despite the folder being hidden, you can still navigate there by explicitly typing "C:\ProgramData" in the address bar of Windows Explorer.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
Thank you so much.
I know you are talking about. But my Windows Server 2008 wasn't R2. It didn't have ProgramData with hidden. It must be somewhere in Documents and Setting.

Regards,
gotqcorp.
Maybe try checking the value of your %PROGRAMDATA% environment variable: type "%PROGRAMDATA%" into the address bar of Windows Explorer.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)