cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between Corporate Units and Cost centers? Next question Which one can help us to bind with the entitlements ?

(4) Replies
tbesse
By
Flexera Alumni

Hello and thank you for your question,

FlexNet Manager offers three different dimensions of enterprise groups to organise your licenses, users, assets, contracts etc. better. These three dimensions are

• Org unit (your corporate structure as a tree)
  • Location (tree)
  • Cost Centre (flat list)

All three can be used for many different use cases, in the context of a License objects here are some examples:

• monitor consumption related to the Enterprise Groups
  • define ownership of the license
  • restrict a license pool to an element and/or branch of the Enterprise Groups

This makes sense for limiting license consumption to a certain region or organisational branch an reporting on the license by cost center ownership.

You wild find good explanations around this if you access the Online Help from the context of the Enterprise Groups UI.

I hope this helps,

Best regards
Thorsten

Senior Solution Architect in the SE team
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
Thanks!!
Could you please share Online Help link

Hi Chirag,

Sure, as I said, navigate to one of the Enterprise Group pages and use the question mark there (top right) as you would do with any other view in FNMS.

You also find the complete documentation Flexera Helpnet:
https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/?product=FlexNet%20Manager%20Suite%20On%20Premises&version=2019%20R1

Just choose the right release for you.

There is also other documentation that will be of interest to you, I suggest you have a look around.

Best regards
Thorsten

Senior Solution Architect in the SE team
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)

You will also find a couple of short videos on using Enterprise Groups in our Learning Center under the "Hardware Asset Management" track. Here's a link to the "Why Use Enterprise Groups" session. You will need to be logged in to the community to access the link.
https://learn.flexera.com/hardware-asset-management-with-flexnet-manager-suite/303272/scorm/30g6uv9drt2r1