cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the RSExecRole used for in FNMS

Good day

Please advise as to why  the role RSExecRole is required in FNMS?

regards

(1) Solution

FlexNet Manager Suite does not use SQL Server Reporting Services, so I don't think your comment that the RSExecRole role is required by FlexNet Manager Suite is correct.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm not familiar with the RSExecRole. Could you describe more about what this role is, and what you have seen that suggests it is used by FlexNet Manager Suite?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi @ChrisG 

This is what Microsoft says:

Reporting Services uses a predefined database role called RSExecRole to grant report server permissions to the report server database. The RSExecRole role is created automatically with the report server database. As a rule, you should never modify it or assign other users to the role. However, when you move a report server database to a new or different SQL Server Database Engine, you must re-create the role in the Master and MSDB system databases.

Hence i would like to understand if Flexera uses this role in any sense.

regards

IMMK

FlexNet Manager Suite does not use SQL Server Reporting Services, so I don't think your comment that the RSExecRole role is required by FlexNet Manager Suite is correct.