cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens if I change the application server password?

Hi all,

we are in need of changing the password of the administrator of the flexnet platform in production.

We were wondering, since this password has been used in the beacon configuration and in the database connection configuration. What happens in the moment we change it and how to check if everything is working correctly. Thanks.

(6) Replies

We change our password on a regular basis. We have a spreadsheet of everything that needs to be updated. Everything from Business Adapters to file transfers processes. We went through the system and made note of everything we could think of, then changed the password on everything, and let it run overnight. If we were missing something, or something didn't update, we added it to the list.

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.

Hi @EHacking ,

It would be great if you can share the list of steps where we should take care to change the password for a multi server setup.

regards 

could you share it? thanks

The "Password Maintenance" section of the Installing FlexNet Manager Suite On Premises PDF guide may also be helpful to you.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
Thank you all for the info. @EHacking let me know if you can share the list you made.