Highlighted
Intrepid explorer

What happens if I change the application server password?

Hi all,

we are in need of changing the password of the administrator of the flexnet platform in production.

We were wondering, since this password has been used in the beacon configuration and in the database connection configuration. What happens in the moment we change it and how to check if everything is working correctly. Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent contributor

Re: What happens if I change the application server password?

We change our password on a regular basis. We have a spreadsheet of everything that needs to be updated. Everything from Business Adapters to file transfers processes. We went through the system and made note of everything we could think of, then changed the password on everything, and let it run overnight. If we were missing something, or something didn't update, we added it to the list.

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Consultant

Hi @EHacking ,

It would be great if you can share the list of steps where we should take care to change the password for a multi server setup.

regards 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Intrepid explorer

could you share it? thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

The following Knowledge Base article should help you with updating your password: https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/How-to-Change-Your-Domain-Service-Ac...