cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Does The Raw Evidence Type "ASPA" Mean?

Hi all ...

In FNMS, looking at the raw evidence types, under installer evidence, I see the value "ASPA" for "raw evidence type".  I know this has something to do with evidence found on a mac. 

• What does ASPA stand for?
  • Is there a list of raw evidence types and their meaning somewhere? The closest document I found is this one, but it does not list ASRA as a type.

Thank you!

--Mark

(2) Solutions
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

You're right that this is related to Mac: this evidence type is reported by the FlexNet inventory agent for packages found installed on OS X computers.

The acronym stands for "Apple System Profiler Applications".

Here's an example of how this type of evidence may appear in content in an inventory NDI file:

<Package Name="LastPass" Evidence="ASPA" Version="4.4.0" InstallDate="20201209T143639">
    <Property Name="Architecture" Value="x86_64"/>
    <Property Name="Path" Value="/Applications/LastPass.app"/>
    <Property Name="Summary" Value="4.4.0 Copyright (c) 2008-2019 LogMeIn, Inc."/>
</Package>

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

In addition to the above, the raw evidence type of ASPA is usually generated from the agent running on Apple OS X.  This type is categorized in the User Interface as evidence of "Mac OS X." in some places.

The ASPA evidence can be procured via an NDI file from the Mac device in question. However, the raw evidence type name from our agent is ASPA, which is displayed on the 'Evidence' tab of the device.

It represents the raw name of the installed package on OS X and can be considered an equivalent of Add/Remove Names on Windows. 

ASPA.PNG

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

You're right that this is related to Mac: this evidence type is reported by the FlexNet inventory agent for packages found installed on OS X computers.

The acronym stands for "Apple System Profiler Applications".

Here's an example of how this type of evidence may appear in content in an inventory NDI file:

<Package Name="LastPass" Evidence="ASPA" Version="4.4.0" InstallDate="20201209T143639">
    <Property Name="Architecture" Value="x86_64"/>
    <Property Name="Path" Value="/Applications/LastPass.app"/>
    <Property Name="Summary" Value="4.4.0 Copyright (c) 2008-2019 LogMeIn, Inc."/>
</Package>

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

In addition to the above, the raw evidence type of ASPA is usually generated from the agent running on Apple OS X.  This type is categorized in the User Interface as evidence of "Mac OS X." in some places.

The ASPA evidence can be procured via an NDI file from the Mac device in question. However, the raw evidence type name from our agent is ASPA, which is displayed on the 'Evidence' tab of the device.

It represents the raw name of the installed package on OS X and can be considered an equivalent of Add/Remove Names on Windows. 

ASPA.PNG