cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Devices and Clusters Page Stale Data

Hiya.  FNMS On Prem 2019 R1 here.

I've noticed since taking over this account that the data in Virtual Devices and Clusters contains a mix of Active and Ignored devices.  Shouldn't the FNMS UI be updating this report dynamically - say, if we retire a server it should drop off of the cluster report?  I can definitely have my team start manually working this to remove (or delete, being the other option) these records from that view.  But is it unreasonable to expect that this shouldn't be necessary?

If this doesn't seem right, I'm happy to open a support case.  I just thought I'd check my expectations first.

Thanks, David

NTT DATA Services

(1) Solution

@dmathias 

I agree that there should be a check box or something on this view so that only Active inventory devices are shown.

As a workaround, go into Column Chooser and add the "Computer Status" column to the view so that at a minimum you can then see which hosts and VMs have a status of "Ignored" or "Active".

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

@dmathias 

I agree that there should be a check box or something on this view so that only Active inventory devices are shown.

As a workaround, go into Column Chooser and add the "Computer Status" column to the view so that at a minimum you can then see which hosts and VMs have a status of "Ignored" or "Active".

OK - with the addition of that column, I can select 570 entries and remove all at once.  In the short term that will address the question of the accuracy of the report, but I do still wonder why this isn't "automagically" updated in the view.

Do you know if this is a bug in our version and should I open an Idea?

Best, David

OK - there is a problem with this approach, and I will take credit for the error, rather than @kclausen : if you use the filter we discuss, the view highlights the button for Delete by default.  Selecting that does not just remove the records from the view, it deletes the actual inventory records, which was not the outcome I was looking for.  SO, PLEASE EXERCISE CAUTION AND TEST IN DEV BEFORE PROD should you come across this article in the future.