cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ServiceNow Discovery Data in FNMS

If I collect data through ServiceNow Discovery and have that loaded into FNMS, instead of using Flexera Agents to collect my server and information. 

Would I miss crucial data for my Software Asset Management activities? Such as installations, versions, licence data, usage and machine characteristics as core and CPU data?

(2) Solutions
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

I believe the default ServiceNow integration does not provide what you described. (See Inventory Adapters and Connectors Reference)

2020-04-24_11h55_59.png

Still, in regards to what you've asked, I think there's a whole lot of basic stuff that other inventory tools can collect just as fine as the FNMS agent does. But then there's also specific data, e.g. for Microsoft SQL Servers and other MS server products, Oracle databases, etc. that other sources do not provide at all or not at the needed level of quality.

Best regards,

Markward

View solution in original post

We thought that we would use the ServiceNow discovery data, too, instead of SCCM or the Flexera Agent, but were told the same thing. There is not enough discovery data in ServiceNow to make the necessary calculations for MS SQL, Adobe, Oracle, and other vendors.

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

I believe the default ServiceNow integration does not provide what you described. (See Inventory Adapters and Connectors Reference)

2020-04-24_11h55_59.png

Still, in regards to what you've asked, I think there's a whole lot of basic stuff that other inventory tools can collect just as fine as the FNMS agent does. But then there's also specific data, e.g. for Microsoft SQL Servers and other MS server products, Oracle databases, etc. that other sources do not provide at all or not at the needed level of quality.

Best regards,

Markward

We thought that we would use the ServiceNow discovery data, too, instead of SCCM or the Flexera Agent, but were told the same thing. There is not enough discovery data in ServiceNow to make the necessary calculations for MS SQL, Adobe, Oracle, and other vendors.

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.