dbeckner
Consultant

User Blacklisting and User Statuses/Compliance

Jump to solution

Does Flexera have any plans to add more UI support for User Blacklisting or updating a user's status?

Currently you can only blacklist based on AccountName, but there are use cases where you might blacklist based on other criteria e.g. DisplayName, Domain, or email. 

For user statuses it would be helpful to be able to set to inactive in bulk or to set the compliance status to "No" similar to how you can bulk Ignore inventory devices under the all inventory tab. I know you can change a user status using an adapter, but there are times it is simpler to do so in the UI.

TYA.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisG
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: User Blacklisting and User Statuses/Compliance

Jump to solution

I'm not aware of many requests to add additional user blocking like this, but you may wish to consider adding this in the Ideas section of the community. Select the Product > Ideas menu option to be taken to this section to be able to log your own ideas and vote on other people's ideas.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
mfranz
Shining star

Jump to solution

Hi,

We usually implement this in Business Imports. Are you running FNMS on premises?

Best regards,

Markward

Softline Group is Europe's leading independent expert in Software Asset Management.
0 Kudos
dbeckner
Consultant

Jump to solution

@mfranz Yes we are using the on-prem version of FNMS. I understand that using a business adapter is a method for this, but it would be nice if there was something similar to the ability to ignore users like there is for inventory devices with the "ignore" button.

0 Kudos
mfranz
Shining star

Jump to solution

Agreed, that could be useful.

But then again, ideally FNMS would reflect what has been decided/done in the leading system. From my experience, FNMS should not be the leading system on users/accounts. Also I wouldn't recommend a manual process with 40k users. I would also think that reasons why users were disabled, etc. may need to be tracked, which is not exactly a strength of FNMS.

Softline Group is Europe's leading independent expert in Software Asset Management.
0 Kudos
dbeckner
Consultant

Jump to solution

Definitely agree with you there. Thanks for your input.