cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used report feature from canned report "out of date inventory"

The ask,  I want to use the date filter for a custom report based on hardware assets. Report that has the feature I want to use is an inventory asset report “out of date inventory”. How can I recreate this function?

I’m trying to update / reuse / fix / reproduce the canned report “out of date inventory”.  Its kind of a nice report if your hardware device has ever actually reported inventory.  However since its built on the Inventory asset and not the Hardware assets data set you cant add location or other fields from “assets”.

Trying to add an advanced filter (fig 1) doesn’t even get me the filters on the fields I need.  IT only displays two fields I can use. 

In fig 2 you can see I tried to add a filter to a report but it only showed two fields.  what gives?

Trying to define fields for advanced filters during custom reports writing (fig 3) produces the same result.  They are not available for adding filters.

Oh, but wait.  You must define an advanced filter (fig 4). Yes, but for dates you actually are limited to setting dates.  You can’t define number of days.  Or at least it’s not obvious Dates must be set dates which means people viewing the report have to edit the dates.  Not fitting the need of the user.

Fig 1

seabrig29_1-1658239750135.png

Fig 2

seabrig29_2-1658239750172.png

Fig3

seabrig29_3-1658239750199.png

Fig 4

seabrig29_4-1658239750252.png

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I think the core of what you're looking for here is to be able to configure a custom report with a filter based on a relative date. That isn't possible using current functionality, but there is an idea in Flexera Ideas about this: FXONE-I-229: relative dates when creating reports

Please vote for and comment on the idea if it would be helpful for you.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)