cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Custom Metric license consumption automatically? (using adapter or other means)

Hello Everyone,

Is it possible to build an adapter that would update consumed entitlements value of a license, based on some external data? 

I am talking about Custom Metric licenses here, where instead of entering data manually we'd have some jobs scheduled that would extract data and update consumption automatically (and consumption is not based on user or device,  so we cannot count allocations)

Good example is number of API calls to google services

To my knowledge there is no such option in business adapter studio, but maybe there is another way.

PS We are using FNMS on-prem

KR,

Jan

(1) Solution

@JanPie - Since you have FNMS On-Premises, you can use direct SQL within a Business Adapter to to update the consumption for a License with a Custom Metric, such as:

UPDATE SoftwareLicense_MT SET NumberInstalled=### WHERE Name='XXX'

Kirk

View solution in original post

(5) Replies

@JanPie - Since you have FNMS On-Premises, you can use direct SQL within a Business Adapter to to update the consumption for a License with a Custom Metric, such as:

UPDATE SoftwareLicense_MT SET NumberInstalled=### WHERE Name='XXX'

Kirk

Thank you Kirk!

When I was researching this on my own I didn't realize that's the column responsible for consumption.

Looks very straightforward so I think we'll go with this approach.

Kind regards,

Jan

@kclausen :  and for the case of FNMS Cloud?.

Thanks

@lcfernandez - For FNMS Cloud, your only option to record the consumption of a "Custom Metric" license is to manually enter the consumption through the Web Console.

Please vote for the following idea if updating license consumption details using a business adapter like discussed above would be of value to you: FXONE-I-452: Update consumption for licenses (Type=Custom Metric) via Business Adapter

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)