cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrecognised Evidence

Hi there,

We have some unrecognised evidence in FNMS and have logged a support case for the content team to add.  In the interim if we create an application manually and once created how will this show in FNMS when the ARL has been updated?  Will there be a duplicate or will the system override the manually created application?

(1) Solution

Hello @AngelaN 

This is a great question. When customer created an application locally. That application will be put 'Local' in the 'Source' column. Later when you have ARL publish an entry from library team side, That application will be marked as 'Flexera' in the source column.

In Short, yes you will see two applications in your system eventually. Please make sure you link both application to the license (doing that, you won't have double up licensing consumption). But from application title level, it does seem a pair of duplication.

Therefore , best practice is to either way for the ARL publish content or create your local application if urgent then make sure you remove if a duplicate creates when ARL team create a 'Factory' one.

HTH

Best Regards

Kevin

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

Hello @AngelaN 

This is a great question. When customer created an application locally. That application will be put 'Local' in the 'Source' column. Later when you have ARL publish an entry from library team side, That application will be marked as 'Flexera' in the source column.

In Short, yes you will see two applications in your system eventually. Please make sure you link both application to the license (doing that, you won't have double up licensing consumption). But from application title level, it does seem a pair of duplication.

Therefore , best practice is to either way for the ARL publish content or create your local application if urgent then make sure you remove if a duplicate creates when ARL team create a 'Factory' one.

HTH

Best Regards

Kevin

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)