cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlicensed Installations

How can I have Applications classified as Component listed under Unlicensed Installations and showing as Unmanaged.

There is nothing listed at all under Unmanaged Applications. 

Checking under All Applications and there is nothing listed there as Unmanaged either.

(5) Replies
Big_Kev
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion

Hi Dawn

I will suggest open a support case for a formal investigation. This specific Unlicensed installation has lots logic embedded. (If you try to open the help file) it has a few explanations but not sure if can still solve the issue here.

Cheers 

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I expect the Unmanaged Applications page will only show application records which have a status of "Unmanaged". I wonder whether the fact that you're seeing nothing there suggests that you have no application records with that status.

As a trial, maybe open an application record and change its status to "Unmanaged", and then see if it appears on the page. After trying this, you can easily change the status back to its previous value without any material impact.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Chris

I don't have any Applications on the Unmanaged Applications page because I have processed them all.

So why are there applications under Unlicensed Installations listed as Unmanaged when they are not listed on the Unmanaged Applications page?

Also, why do applications classified as Freeware and Component (ie. they don't need a license) showing on the Unlicensed Installations page?

Dawn

In relation to the classifications: there are times where you may want to track the license details even for freeware and component application records, so the "Unlicensed Installations" grid doesn't filter these out. You can apply a filter to the grid if you want to see it without these types of applictions.

I can't immediately think of any reasons why you may be seeing unmanaged applications under "Unlicensed Installations" but not under "Unmanaged Applications" (beyond the obvious like having some filter applied on the "Unmanaged Applications" grid that you don't realise). What is the status of the application records? Is the status really "Unmanaged"?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

I've run another ARL import and reconcile and that seems to have sorted it all out.  I now only have a few freeware applications that I have marked as Unauthorised listed under Unlicensed Installs.