cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlicensed Installations view for Oracle

Hi,

I'm comparing the management view for Oracle between Unlicensed Installations and Installed applications that are not licensed.

To my confusion I see several applications feautured in the "Installed applications that are not licensed"-list that I don't see in the Unlicensed Installations list. If I read the description of "Unlicensed Installations view" in the help, I conclude that the Unlicensed Installations would be equal to or larger than the installed applications that are not licensed.

So far, I've only encountered this issue with Oracle. Am I missing something Oracle specific?

FNMS 2018 R1

Kind regards,

Michiel

(1) Reply

The issue is likely the Oracle Database Option/Management Packs.  Installs of these applications will consume against the appropriate license, but consumption only happens when there is "Usage" of the option pack based on the LMS rules that FlexNet Manager uses.  So the difference that you may be seeing is:

One report may be showing you the Option Pack software titles that are not linked to a license at all.

The other report may be showing you the Option Pack software titles that are linked to a license, but some of the installations are not licensed because they are not "Used" and are not consuming against the license.