cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unix Agent (standard deployment) - how to use SSLCACertificatePath

Hi Community,

by default a unix agent uses the following path "/var/opt/managesoft/etc/ssl/cert.pem" to check for SSL certificates. We would like to switch over from a dedicated file deployed via "mgsft_rollout_cert" to a certificate path where the Unix admin will maintain all certificated in a global way (based on the recommendations by Flexera, name of the file, ...).

https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2020R1/EN/GatherFNInv/index.html#SysRef/FlexNetInventoryAgent/topics/PMD-SSLCACertificateFile.html 

Is it sufficient to specify the parameters for the SSLCACertificatePath via mgsconfig and the agent will look into the second location too?

/opt/managesoft/bin/mgsconfig -i /var/tmp/tempconfig.ini
tempconfig.ini
[ManageSoft\Common\CurrentVersion]
SSLCACertificateFile=/opt/global_cert/cert-xxx.pem

Thanks and Best, Dennis

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Please do test it, but I expect that the approach you have suggested of using mgsconfig to set the SSLCACertificateFile setting is likely to work.

If you do get a chance to test it to confirm, it would be great if you can report back here.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)