cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall Evidence Type - Cleanup

To remediate the overconsumed license, one of the method is to uninstall the unlicensed applications from devices. I observed whenever uninstallation is performed on any inventory devices, the evidence type changes from "MSI" to "Uninstall". For few applications/devices, Flexera reports what exact traces (registry) are remaining in the inventory devices and accordingly cleanup will be performed. But for many devices, we are unable to check what traces are remaining and it is even more complicated when there is higher overconsumption. 

Please advise on how can to eliminate "uninstall" type of evidence from devices.

(1) Solution

Hello, for looking for traces (in registry or still existing files):

- check inventory type, in device/evidence tab. 

-  look for file evidences, in device/evidence tab/file , raw path column.

Cleaning registry and files traces will eliminate almost all traces.

Regards.

View solution in original post

(6) Replies

Hello, for looking for traces (in registry or still existing files):

- check inventory type, in device/evidence tab. 

-  look for file evidences, in device/evidence tab/file , raw path column.

Cleaning registry and files traces will eliminate almost all traces.

Regards.

I tried checking the evidence path in one of the inventory device for application "Visio for 365 16.0" and I do not see any specific file related Visio. Please refer attached screenshot which includes office 16 components, but I assume it belongs to MS Office. 

Attached file shows 3 tags for Office 16 & 1 tag for windows 10 Pro.

Visio 365, as an online software, may come from Microsoft connector, without any installed file.

But for "uninstall" type, check your registry.

Regards.

We are having same issue with the 'uninstall' evidence.  Why can't we find it in all evidence to ignore it?

All Evidence shows all evidence recognition rules that are in the system. If the data you are wondering about is raw evidence details then you will need to hunt around under All Evidence to find what rule matched the raw details.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

You cas see this evidence in all evidence, but with "any" as recognition rule. Then ignoring this evidence will ignore all recognition rule, not only "uninstall". 

Nevertheless, if you really need to ignore this evidence with "uninstall", you could ignore the "any" evidence and add adequate needed local evidence, one by one, like "MISI", "add/remove"...