cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhandled exception has occured in your application

Hi All,
We have installed new FNMS 2019R1(on-premises). The inventory Beacons also configured, however facing an issue, need your help
When we click on "New" inventory connection in "FelxeNet Becom", there is an error message saying " Unhandled exception has occured in your application. Input string is not in correct format."
If we ignore it, we can not see the drop down list for inventory sources, if we cancel it, the beacon application is closed. Other options option are working fine, Parent connection test connection succeeded; FNMP connection succeeded and beacons reporting properly, status is "uptodate" and connectivity status "connected".
English US configured in Region and luanguage settings.

SQL 2014

Please find in attache the log file..

thanks in advance.

(4) Replies

Hello @wawat68 

When you mentioned it's a new installation, by any chance in your database you may have already some connection (from older version ? migration) ...  what do you see from if you run SQL script in FNMSCompliance database

select * from dbo.ComplianceConnection 

Did you try to re-install this beacon see if helps?

Cheers

Kevin

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)

Hi @wawat68 ,

For Unhandled exception -  check the Regional and Language settings of the server on the control panel.

Go to Region and Language Settings, change the language to English (US or Australia).

On the Administrative Tab click “Copy Settings”.

Restart the Beacon server to apply the changes made,Hopefully it should work after the restart

Regards,

Sasi

When you mentioned it's a new installation, by any chance in your database you may have already some connection (from older version ? migration) ...  what do you see from if you run SQL script in FNMSCompliance database My KFC Experience

Are you also using a 2019 R1 beacon?

Could you upload the following:

• Zip of C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\ImportProcedures
  • Copy of C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Beacon\config.xml
“Things are only impossible until they are not.”
― Jean-Luc Picard