cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to start batch process services post

We are doing an upgradation of fnms server from 2018r2 to 2020r2 . We have successfully completed the DB upgrade and started the configuration script after installing new version of fnms .

The script failed at starting batch process services, also manual start is failing with following error at batchprocesstask log

I searched at multiple tables in inventory database and i could find the column OrganizationID, but not sure which column or at which table the OrganizationID column is missing as per below log

021-09-23 04:00:04,816 [tchProcessTask.Program] [ERROR] An error has occurred: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Schema needs to be updated. Contact your system administrator. Sql text: Invalid column name 'OrganizationID'.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> DevExpress.Xpo.DB.Exceptions.SchemaCorrectionNeededException: Schema needs to be updated. Contact your system administrator. Sql text: Invalid column name 'OrganizationID'. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid column name 'OrganizationID'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString, Boolean isInternal, Boolean forDescribeParameterEncryption, Boolean shouldCacheForAlwaysEncrypted)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry, SqlDataReader ds, Boolean describeParameterEncryptionRequest)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
at DevExpress.Xpo.DB.ConnectionProviderSql.<>c__DisplayClass6.<InternalGetData>b__4()
at DevExpress.Xpo.Logger.LogManager.Log[T](String category, LogHandler`1 handler, MessageHandler`1 createMessageHandler)
at DevExpress.Xpo.DB.ConnectionProviderSql.SelectDataSimple(Query query, CriteriaOperatorCollection targets, Boolean includeMetadata)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at DevExpress.Xpo.DB.ConnectionProviderSql.SelectDataSimple(Query query, CriteriaOperatorCollection targets, Boolean includeMetadata)
at DevExpress.Xpo.DB.ConnectionProviderSql.SelectData(Query query, CriteriaOperatorCollection targets, Boolean includeMetadata)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at ManageSoft.Database.Xpo.CustomMSSqlConnectionProvider.ProcessSelectData(SelectStatement select)
at DevExpress.Xpo.DB.DataStoreBase.ProcessSelectData(SelectStatement[] selects)
at DevExpress.Xpo.DB.DataStoreSerializedBase.SelectData(SelectStatement[] selects)
at DevExpress.Xpo.DB.ConnectionProviderSql.SelectData(SelectStatement[] selects)
at ManageSoft.Database.Xpo.CustomMSSqlConnectionProvider.DevExpress.Xpo.DB.IDataStore.SelectData(SelectStatement[] p_Statements)
at DevExpress.Xpo.SimpleDataLayer.SelectData(SelectStatement[] selects)
at ManageSoft.Database.Xpo.XpoSession.XpoDataLayer.SelectData(SelectStatement[] p_Selects)
at DevExpress.Xpo.Helpers.ObjectCollectionLoader.InternalLoadData(ObjectsQuery[] queries)
at DevExpress.Xpo.Helpers.ObjectCollectionLoader.LoadObjects(ObjectsQuery[] queries)
at DevExpress.Xpo.SimpleObjectLayer.LoadObjects(Session session, ObjectsQuery[] queries)
at ManageSoft.Database.Xpo.XpoSession.XpoObjectLayer.DevExpress.Xpo.IObjectLayer.LoadObjects(Session p_Session, ObjectsQuery[] p_Queries)
at DevExpress.Xpo.Logger.LogManager.Log[T](String category, LogHandler`1 handler, MessageHandler`1 createMessageHandler)
at DevExpress.Xpo.Session.GetObjects(ObjectsQuery query)
at DevExpress.Xpo.XPQueryBase.GetObjects()
at DevExpress.Xpo.XPQuery`1.GetEnumerator()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at Flexera.Broker.Connections.Impl.DefaultTenantActionsData.GetAllTenants(ConnectionType type)
at Flexera.BatchProcessing.BatchProcessTask.RunTaskWriter.GenerateTasksForAllTenants(BatchProcessTypeConfiguration taskConfig, IEnumerable`1 taskProperties, String taskArgs, Func`2 messageHandler)
at Flexera.BatchProcessing.BatchProcessTask.RunTaskWriter.WriteTaskMessages(BatchProcessTypeConfiguration taskConfig, ProgramOptions options, Func`2 messageHandler)
at Flexera.BatchProcessing.BatchProcessTask.RunTaskWriter.ProcessTaskCommand(ProgramOptions options, String taskName)
at CommandLine.Parser.ParseArgumentsStrict(String[] args, Object options, Action`2 onVerbCommand, Action onFail)
at Flexera.BatchProcessing.BatchProcessTask.Program.Main(String[] args)

(4) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Based on the stack trace I would guess that this failure is due to a OrganizationID column missing from the Tenant table in the broker database. This is likely a column that has been added since the 2018 R2 release.

(FWIW - I think this error message suggests you are using a multi-tenant "cloud" configuration of FlexNet Manager Suite.)

I'm not that familiar with the broker database, but maybe a further step to update the schema in that database needs to be done as part of the upgrade.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
Hi @ChrisG

Thanks for the quick note .

FYI, this is an FNMS on premise installation .

And nnow my doubt is , why the scripts says column missing where as the database upgrades were succeeded without any error .

I'm also not familiar in handling such broken DBs , any idea how can I perform the suggested schema upgrade.

Also hoping for more feedback from community colleagues who might seen this error before 🙂

Jv

To help clarify the specific scenario you're working with:

1. Are you working with a single-tenant install, a multi-tenant install, or a cloud install of FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises?
  2. Do you have a broker database, and did you run the mgsDatabaseUpdate.exe process on that database to migrate its schema? (NB. That is "broker", not "broken". :-))
  3. Which of your databases have a Tenant table in them, and do all of those tables have a column named OrganizationID?
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

@ChrisG 

1. i'm working with Single Tenant On-Premise installation 
  2. If you are referring to App Broker database , no we don't have.

Yeah , we run the mgsdatabaseupdate in all 3 DBs including FNC compliance.
  3. I checked tenant table only in Inventory DB when i connected to customer's system , that that table was having organizationid 

But i need to check other databases with tenant table and with organizationid missing in it.

Regards,

junaid vengadan