cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to link the asset with inventory

Inventory which is failed to link with an asset even if it is computer, Virtual Machine, VM Host.

When inventory is link with an asset, it showing success but asset is not linked.

Some one suggest, how can we make the asset to be link with an inventory. 

Thanks
Manojkumar Kottaisamy
(1) Solution

I have investigated the in Database, the ComplianceComputer_MT table has contain duplicate inventory servers or devices but ImportedComputer_MT table contain only unique inventory.

When we try to link the asset with inventory it is failed due to duplicate inventory in ComplianceComputer_MT table. 

we have to remove the duplicate inventory servers, which doesn't have unique ComplianceComputerID between ComplianceComputer_MT and ImportedComputer_MT table. 

After removal of duplicate inventory from ComplianceComputer_MT table, we can able to link the asset with an inventory successfully.

Thanks
Manojkumar Kottaisamy

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

Hi @MANOJKUMAR_K ,

You can do the following, go to asset tab, and search for the asset in scope, and see if the asset is not already linked with other inventory.

By default the asset is link with an inventory after serial number, if you have serial numbers that are no unique or blank then the automatic linkage is not working.

HI adrian

Thanks for update.

I have check the asset and inventory serial number. They have a unique and no blank serial number. Even though we couldn't able to link the asset with inventory. it show success, but not linked. 

Is there any other possible to investigate. 

Thanks
Manojkumar Kottaisamy

I have investigated the in Database, the ComplianceComputer_MT table has contain duplicate inventory servers or devices but ImportedComputer_MT table contain only unique inventory.

When we try to link the asset with inventory it is failed due to duplicate inventory in ComplianceComputer_MT table. 

we have to remove the duplicate inventory servers, which doesn't have unique ComplianceComputerID between ComplianceComputer_MT and ImportedComputer_MT table. 

After removal of duplicate inventory from ComplianceComputer_MT table, we can able to link the asset with an inventory successfully.

Thanks
Manojkumar Kottaisamy