cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Flexera beginner

Re: Unable to detect IBM (PVU) software in Flexnet Manager - (InfoSphere Datastage, Editor)

Yes it does. So, currently investigating on the related ndi-files. Hope this will provide some insight.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Re: Unable to detect IBM (PVU) software in Flexnet Manager - (InfoSphere Datastage, Editor)

I've checked both applications in the All Applications view and each relies solely on installer evidence which means it would use a RPM entry on Linux for example.

This means that if it was installed via a script that copies the files into a directory instead of using native installer technology then it wouldn't have any installer evidence on the OS.

I would check if that is how it was installed as if so, we would need to identify file evidence.  I can see on some versions there are .swidtag files that are available, so a ndi which contains the swidtags would allow a content request to be created. 

If these are not available, we'd need to find some unique file evidence for that version that we know exists in all installations.

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.