cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Remove "Exemptions" from Licenses

Noticing that since upgrade to 2019 I cannot remove "Exemptions" from licenses that need to be removed.  I've checked and removed allocations, etc., can't get them to go away.

Shelby

(1) Solution

I figured out a work around.  I went to "Apply Allocations & Exemptions" and selected everything that had an exemption that I needed to be removed.  I deleted the "exemptions" at this level and the next day after reconciliation, they were finally gone.

View solution in original post

(6) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

It sounds like there will be some reason these exemptions are in place beyond just a direct allocation/exemption. For example, maybe check to see if any exemptions by device role are configured on the license that could be causing exemptions to apply.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thank you for your response.  I will double check that even though I already have.

Hi,

For further investigation you could also have a look into the SoftwareLicenseAllocation view.

SELECT *
FROM SoftwareLicenseAllocation

It should contain all allocations and exemptions. Maybe you can spot an abnormality. You can also try to manipulate the table (SoftwareLicenseAllocation_MT) to remove the mentioned exemptions and see if they come back after a reconcile.

Best regards,

Markward

I have just manually tried to remove all the exemptions.....I'm waiting on a reconcile which at the rate out reconciles run that should be some time in the next 24 hours.

The only way I could get these exemptions to go away completely was to go to the "Apply Allocations & Exemptions" section and remove them all there then wait for a reconciliation.  I have removed all exemptions and allocations.  Oddly enough on my license side it STILL shows "allocations" on the summary page but when I click into the actual license, they are gone.  This is one of many little quirks that drive me crazy about Flexnet.  I expect the data to be correct across the board and it just isn't.

Shelby

I figured out a work around.  I went to "Apply Allocations & Exemptions" and selected everything that had an exemption that I needed to be removed.  I deleted the "exemptions" at this level and the next day after reconciliation, they were finally gone.