cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger Reconcilation Not working after moving databases

Due to the size of the test database server , we have restore to a new database server . All the registry entry for database have been updated , but the batch server is not trigger the reconcilation.

Even running the command line by hand via the command prompt . It not trigger any log file at all.

Any suggestion ?

(1) Solution

Sounds like your database server name has changed?

In this case, you have to update the database server name in the [Server] column in the [ComplianceConnection] table.

Without this modification, FNMS will not find the source databases for importing any inventory data.

View solution in original post

(8) Replies
JJacildo
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hello, I was wondering after you changed the databases did you re-run the config scripts?

https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2022R1/EN/WebHelp/PDF%20Documents/On-Prem/Installing%20FNMS%202022%20R1%20On-Premises.pdf#page=54

You would want to re-run the .\Config.ps1 so you can re-configure FNMS but you must run it with the following switch.

.\Config.ps1 "Config\FNMS Windows Authentication Config.xml" forceUpdateConfig 

This will prompt you to re-enter the database information where you can input the new database.

I hope that helps.

Only on the batch server , we have separate server for each function

Sent from my iPad

Tried that fix… no success… issue is with reconcile script only … the only issue before this happened is the large number of  files being processed 

I would suggest following:
A) Check logs for errors
- BatchProcessor.log, BatchProcessScheduler.log

B) Check entries in Compliance DB tables
Table BatchProcessor
- 1 entry might point to old DB server
Table ComplianceSetting
- 4 entries might point to old DB server
Restart BatchProcessor Services after changing DB entries to new DB server

Checked the above … nothing unusual appeared in the logs.

Within the batch processor execution table, I needed to set the job from 3 (running) to 5 ( failed). 

then trigger again 

The job sometimes does not update straight away

Sounds like your database server name has changed?

In this case, you have to update the database server name in the [Server] column in the [ComplianceConnection] table.

Without this modification, FNMS will not find the source databases for importing any inventory data.

Did that last week, it’s running now. Thanks …