cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking open software management issues, like Unauthorized Software or Licenses at Risk?

FNMS does not provide fields for tracking a service management ticket number or contact person, etc.

How do you keep track which (unauthorized) applications have a  ticket that has been opened or which software management team member is working on your list of unauthorized software and which applications need attention?

We have a spreadsheet with this along with date opened, last follow up date, etc. but are considering adding custom fields to the Application object (for Unauthorized Software) or License object (for Licenses at Risk) so we can divide open issues among team members and avoid multiple people working on same issue.

Suggestions or successful solutions?

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Your idea of adding some custom fields to track relevant information sounds good.

I have worked with one organization who take a feed of data from FlexNet and use that to automatically raise tickets to follow up on unauthorized installations. While this sort of approach does involve some scripting and specialized processing, having it automated is a powerful technique to drive behaviors and improve compliance.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)