cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The revocation function was unable to check revocation because the revocation server was offline

Hello, 

I've configured HTTPS on my FNMS server and got error "The revocation function was unable to check revocation because the revocation server was offline" when I try to deploy new beacon or install agent. It failed to download file from application server and inventory beacon.

Connection to CRL server is fine and I can use browser to access FNMS web without problem. FlexNet Inventory Scanner and core deployment can upload inventory data to beacon via HTTPS normally too.

How can I fix it?

Thanks

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Despite your comment that the connection to CRL server is fine, the message "The revocation function was unable to check revocation because the revocation server was offline" specifically means that a network connection to the CRL URL specified in the certificate from the beacon could not be successfully made.

You could try diagnostic steps like attempting to browse to the CRL URL using a web browser, and using the PowerShell Test-NetConnection cmdlet to check connectivity to port 80 (or whatever port is used) on the CRL server.

If the computers that the FlexNet inventory agent is running on do not have reliable access to the CRL URL, then you can configure the CheckCertificateRevocation preference to false to stop the agent from checking whether the certificate has been revoked.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)