cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaalstead
Active participant

Re: The future of the Contract Management Portal???

Yes - that is the app I'm referring too!
0 Kudos
Flexera kclausen
Flexera

Greetings, all. Based on what I am reading, the main use case for the legacy Contract Portal is to track upcoming events and generate alerts/reminders on the upcoming events. Is my interpretation correct? If yes, then instead of focusing on the legacy portal, a much broader solution should be provided to have general email/reminder capabilities not just for contracts but for other scenarios, such as License Threshold alerts. If this capability existed, would there still be a need for the legacy Contract Portal?
jaalstead
Active participant

I just got a note from our Asset Management Team stating the following;

Although we do mainly use it for contract expiry notifications, we also appreciate the visibility the Dashboard allows us for viewing the information at a quick glance.  The Recently Added Documents, Upcoming Expiry, Task features and the rest of the sections are all available current time, so keeping tabs on the contract path is a snap.

Thanks!

Jason

0 Kudos
shspann
Occasional contributor

Hi, would you be so kind to clarify the Contract Management Portal; is this part of FNMS 2018? Are you referring to under Procurement > Contracts? thanks sue
Moderator tbesse Moderator

Hi Suzanne (@shspann),

The contract portal is an unsupported legacy feature. Official support ended with the move to a web UI with FlexNet Manager 2014. Some customer still use it though.

Best regards

Thorsten

Principal Solution Engineer
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)