cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: Allow re-ordering of Enterprise hierarchy

I'm using FNMS 2016 but as far as I know this has always been a missing feature.

When managing entries in the Enterprise hierarchies (cost centers, locations etc.) it will be very useful to be able to move items. Currently the only options are to edit or delete but neither of these will help if you are trying to implement a restructure. For example cost centers; it's highly unsual for these to remain static so when they are moved around the organisation as part of normal restructure we need to be able to reflect this in FNMS. A drag-and-drop capability would be really useful.

I can see a situation where things are assigned to a particular entry and so if you move them higher or lower in a hierarchy you may wish to consider the effects of a change before they are applied. This could be a simple warning but in all scenarios an organisation will always need to consider the effects of these changes anyway.

Ryan
(3) Replies
Natalie
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran
Hi Ryan,

I agree with you that being able to do this in the UI would be a great enhancement. Most of our customers use business adapters built with the Business Adapter Studio to bulk upload updates to their organization structures from a data source (usually either a database or a spreadsheet).

Natalie @ Flexera
Natalie Overstreet Lias
Senior Product Manager
I don’t speak for Flexera, and we should all be grateful for that
ryan_h wrote:
I'm using FNMS 2016 but as far as I know this has always been a missing feature.

When managing entries in the Enterprise hierarchies (cost centers, locations etc.) it will be very useful to be able to move items. Currently the only options are to edit or delete but neither of these will help if you are trying to implement a restructure. For example cost centers; it's highly unsual for these to remain static so when they are moved around the organisation as part of normal restructure we need to be able to reflect this in FNMS. A drag-and-drop capability would be really useful.

I can see a situation where things are assigned to a particular entry and so if you move them higher or lower in a hierarchy you may wish to consider the effects of a change before they are applied. This could be a simple warning but in all scenarios an organisation will always need to consider the effects of these changes anyway.

Ryan

Hey Ryan, Amy here. Could you kindly post your feature request in the "Ideas" forum? I'd love to see what other customers think of this!
Want to encourage the community to look at the ideas section of the customer portal and promote the idea of FNMS providing a feature that re-ordering or moving enterprise groups hierarchy. I suspect this would greatly benefit everyone who uses the system.