cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step by Step guide, how to update FNMS to the next version

Hi all,

I'm looking for a guide to update FNMS from version 2019_2 to the current one.

Is there something in the documentation? Thanks.

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Check out the Upgrading FlexNet Manager Suite On-Premises guide available from the FlexNet Manager Suite On-Premises documentation site. It contains extensive information about the upgrade process.

I would recommend that you get some good experience with installing and configuring a FlexNet Manager Suite system in a dev/test environment before considering doing an installation or upgrade for production use.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Check out the Upgrading FlexNet Manager Suite On-Premises guide available from the FlexNet Manager Suite On-Premises documentation site. It contains extensive information about the upgrade process.

I would recommend that you get some good experience with installing and configuring a FlexNet Manager Suite system in a dev/test environment before considering doing an installation or upgrade for production use.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
Hi Chris, do you know, that document is very long and detailed. Is there a shortest cheatsheet document for the upgrade?

Hi,

A short guide on how to upgrade to a new version:

• Check if you have active tasks in batch processor, if yes, wait till they finish
  • Stop Flexera services
  • Stop IIS
  • Stop all tasks from Windows Task Scheduler 
  • Upgrade Database (check documentation how to do this)
  • Install the new Flexera version, running the setup.exe, if you have a multi server implementation with multiple roles, please be aware of this and install according to your implementation
  • Run the powershell script, please check the documentation 

After all this steps you should have a new FNMS version installed

That's in short the steps that you need to do for upgrade.

@marcog - to add onto Adrian's items, here are a few more steps:

• Upgrade your installations of Business Adapter Studio
  • Review the Release Notes to determine if there are any updates for Flexera Analytics (new versions of Cognos, updates to Data Model, additional Dashboards and Widgets)
  • Review the Release Notes for Inventory Beacons to determine if and when to auto-upgrade your beacons
  • Review the Release Notes for the Agent to determine if and when to upgrade your installed agents and to upgrade your Agent Install Package to the new version for your new Agent Installs
Thank you both guys, really useful 🙂