cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sources for Cognos (customize and creation)

Good afternoon,

We are building in Cognos few dashboards to show specific information. But we are a bit limited about the sources included in Cognos.

Following the tool, we have access to the following source:

• Flexera Asset Management Model
  • Flexera Data Models
  • Flexera Manager Platform Data Warehouse
  • FlexNet Manager Platform reports and Dashborads.

Please see following questions:

Can we modify the source? We are trying to show information in the dashboard that these sources are not able to provide. If yes, how?

Can we create a new source folder taking specific information from Flexera? if yes, how?

Waiting for your kind response.

Best regards,
V

(1) Solution

@VictorHidalgo 

If you're working with an on-premise installation of FlexNet Manager, you may also have some options to create your own Cognos reporting on FNMS data, e.g. refer to this community thread where this was discussed: Reporting and Analytics 

Thanks,

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The Cognos installation and license that comes with FlexNet Manager Suite can only be used with the provided FlexNet Manager Suite data model packages (sources). The FlexNet Manager Suite license does not cover using Cognos for other purposes. If you want to use Cognos to report on other data, you would need to procure a separate license for Cognos and install another Cognos server.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

@VictorHidalgo 

If you're working with an on-premise installation of FlexNet Manager, you may also have some options to create your own Cognos reporting on FNMS data, e.g. refer to this community thread where this was discussed: Reporting and Analytics 

Thanks,