cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some devices unable to amend status from Active to ignored

There are a number of devices that I can see in our Flexera reports, but when I locate them and go to try and amend their status from Active to Ignored the option to do so is greyed out? What would cause this and how can I resolve it?

(1) Solution

@fayeharvey - The likely scenario here is that some of your Inventory Devices are linked to a Hardware Asset.

In this scenario the status of the Inventory Device is controlled by the Hardware Asset.  If you want to "ignore" the Inventory Device, you have 2 options in this scenario:

1) Update the status of the Hardware Asset to "Retired" or "Disposed".  With this action, the linked Inventory Device will be automatically changed to "Ignored", and all of the software currently linked to the inventory device will be deleted.

2) From the Active Inventory view, select the inventory device and unlink it from the Hardware Asset with the Remove Link button.  You can then change the status of the inventory device to "Ignore".  However, this would not be a Best Practice as you are then remove the full Audit Trail/History of the hardware asset.  In addition, your Hardware Asset would have a status of "Installed", and the unlinked (but equivalent) Inventory Device is "Ignored".

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
bmaudlin
By Level 9 Champion
Level 9 Champion

Hello @fayeharvey 👋,

The only time I have see this behaviour is if you are selecting multiple devices, and the Inventory Device Type differs.

Could you check these are all the same? So for example, you cannot multi change the status from Active to Ignored for a device that has been identified as a Computer then a further five that are Virtual Machines.

Let me know if this helps 😀

Ben

@fayeharvey - The likely scenario here is that some of your Inventory Devices are linked to a Hardware Asset.

In this scenario the status of the Inventory Device is controlled by the Hardware Asset.  If you want to "ignore" the Inventory Device, you have 2 options in this scenario:

1) Update the status of the Hardware Asset to "Retired" or "Disposed".  With this action, the linked Inventory Device will be automatically changed to "Ignored", and all of the software currently linked to the inventory device will be deleted.

2) From the Active Inventory view, select the inventory device and unlink it from the Hardware Asset with the Remove Link button.  You can then change the status of the inventory device to "Ignore".  However, this would not be a Best Practice as you are then remove the full Audit Trail/History of the hardware asset.  In addition, your Hardware Asset would have a status of "Installed", and the unlinked (but equivalent) Inventory Device is "Ignored".

I'm having  similar situation, but for me there are no hardware assets linked to inventory.Kindly help me out!

@ReshmaB 

I think the forum members will need some more details to be able to assist. E.g., which inventory data sources are the devices being imported from and are you sure they are missing from all of these when expecting them to change status to ignored?

Thanks,

@JohnSorensenDK  - these are agent based inventory (FlexNet manager is source). I had this issue continuous 2 days later I was able to ignore them without any challenge.