cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solaris Agent install not detecting "mgsft_rollout_response" configuration file

I'm having an issue on the first attempt in our environment in trying to install the agent (v16) on a Solaris (sparc) system using the bootstrap file.   We've used this file on many  Unix systems without issue--however, the install messages and logging appears that it's not finding that file.  Permissions look good and it's in a tmp folder located alongside the installer pkg file.   With solaris--also saw that an "admin" file is needed, which has also been created and is referenced in the install command.

Has anyone see this before?  Is there anything different on the solaris boxes that i could be missing?  Thanks!

(1) Solution

@cdubs76 - Whether you are installing on Red Hat, Ubuntu, AIX or Solaris, the mgsft_rollout_response must be placed into /var/tmp 

All of the installation packages are hard-coded to look for the bootstrap file in this specific folder.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

@cdubs76 - Whether you are installing on Red Hat, Ubuntu, AIX or Solaris, the mgsft_rollout_response must be placed into /var/tmp 

All of the installation packages are hard-coded to look for the bootstrap file in this specific folder.

wow....really that simple.  I've never had an issue b/c i've always placed it there----when i looked at the path of where this customer is putting it---definitely not that folder.   Maybe i was used to the Windows bootstrap just has to be co-located with the setup files.   Thank you!