cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Processing NDI

We have FNMS 2019 R2 on-premises.

From last few days we observed there are many files stuck in Incoming Inventories folder. When check it process slowly and currently 4000+ NDI files are there in Inventories folder. Beacon communication is successful and not found any errors in any logs.

We have restarted all the FNMS services,  restarted database service but still same.

(1) Solution
Hello @msutharh,

Out of curiosity - if you check Discovery & Inventory -> Settings -> File Evidence, what is configured there?

Any time an issue of slowness/performance arises, file evidence scanning immediately comes to mind - especially from Unix devices.

If you have broad inclusions for directories from Unix devices (e.g. scanning from root downwards), then this may be contributing towards slowness.

HTH,
Joseph

If my response answered your question satisfactorily, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to heighten visibility for future customers!

View solution in original post

(8) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

Is the NDI consumption slow, or did it stop completely? Have you checked your application server health (CPU, RAM)? Also, how's your inventory database doing?

Best regards,

Markward

Its processing but slowly. and Application and Database Server performance is normal and inventory database is normal.

Are the NDIs especially large? How are the NDIs transferred? Is there some kind of customizing in place? Because I think by default, the web service should process them right away, without them showing up in the folder.

Maybe you can move the files to another folder temporarily and see how it operates if only a few files are in the incoming  folder?

Hello @msutharh,

Out of curiosity - if you check Discovery & Inventory -> Settings -> File Evidence, what is configured there?

Any time an issue of slowness/performance arises, file evidence scanning immediately comes to mind - especially from Unix devices.

If you have broad inclusions for directories from Unix devices (e.g. scanning from root downwards), then this may be contributing towards slowness.

HTH,
Joseph

If my response answered your question satisfactorily, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to heighten visibility for future customers!

@jjensenthanks for the update.

Someone from our team has change that settings in Discovery & Inventory -> Settings -> Included File Evidence -> Collect the evidence for all folder for Linux/UNIX os. Due to that reason huge NDI file was generated. I have change that settings to Do not collect file evidence.

Now NDI processing is normally but it takes almost 21 hrs for Full Recon.

This could be due to the increased file evidence data. Yan may remove the extra data manually from the Inventory DB or wait until the extra data got replaced by  smaller inventories.

I'd agree with @mfranz's assertion.

@msutharh, do you have a ticket open? Support should be able to help you clear out the file evidence if necessary.

@jjensenYes, I have. Do we wait for few days or can manually clean that table?