cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Server FNMS 2022 R1 New Implementation

We are working on a new implementation of on-premise FNMS.  We have the suite installed on the server which includes Inventory beacon and batch.  We had added our SCCM SQL Database connection to the  inventory Systems on the beacon.  Our question is around whether or not we should proceed to upload the data that has been discover and is in staging without having Data Platform in place.  Is Data Platform needed for the SCCM inventory upload into FNMS? and, if so, can we configure data Platform on the same FNMS application server?   

Thank you in advance to any guidance you can provide.

(1) Solution
dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

@Crodriguez The FNMS inventory import is separate from the Data Platform imports. When you install FNMS it creates a number of scheduled tasks including "Inventory import and license reconcile" and typically runs at 2 AM by default. This task will import and normalize all inventory data from the staging database into the Compliance database. You do not need to import the data into Data Platform first. I suspect you have already seen that data imported and reconciled in your tool now.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

SCCM inventory can work with FNMS Application, Batch ,Beacon & Database. Platform is not mandatory.

Beacon have SCCM connection.

dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

@Crodriguez The FNMS inventory import is separate from the Data Platform imports. When you install FNMS it creates a number of scheduled tasks including "Inventory import and license reconcile" and typically runs at 2 AM by default. This task will import and normalize all inventory data from the staging database into the Compliance database. You do not need to import the data into Data Platform first. I suspect you have already seen that data imported and reconciled in your tool now.

@dbeckner   Thank you so much for clarifying that.  That is what I originally understood but had some internal conversations that brought some doubt to that.  But this makes total sense. Thanks again.