cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I have maintenance as separate line on a purchase?

I have a purchase that includes 35,000 Perpetual entitlements and maintenance support for 1 year. Should I load both as separate lines on the purchase? Should I also set the maintenance flag to TRUE for the maintenance column for the entitlements line?

(1) Solution
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

You should do either one or the other:

• A "Software" purchase with "Purchase includes support, maintenance, or other service agreement for the following period" enabled.
  • A "Software" purchase wihtout maintenance plus a "Maintenance" purchase.

I would make it depend on your source data. If the actual PO has separate positions, go with 2 positions. If it is one, stay with one.

Keep in mind that the representation of the original data in FNMS should create maximum transparency. Staying as close as possible to the original structure, helps with that.

Best regards,

Markward

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

You should do either one or the other:

• A "Software" purchase with "Purchase includes support, maintenance, or other service agreement for the following period" enabled.
  • A "Software" purchase wihtout maintenance plus a "Maintenance" purchase.

I would make it depend on your source data. If the actual PO has separate positions, go with 2 positions. If it is one, stay with one.

Keep in mind that the representation of the original data in FNMS should create maximum transparency. Staying as close as possible to the original structure, helps with that.

Best regards,

Markward