cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting license type and count on a child appllication

Wondering how others handle this situation. I have a main application (parent) with license set up based on a contract, 40,000 users. I have a second application(child) that I am unsure the best way to set the license up for. This application does not have a separate license but the users are required to have a valid parent license in order to use. Do I set the license type as Device and Count the same as the parent?

Thanks!

Jim

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm wondering if there is some more detail here that you haven't stated in your description, but it sounds like this is a user based license covering 40,000 users. On the assumption that the users to be licensed can be reasonably identified by looking at the users of computers that the parent and child application software components are installed on, I would model this by creating a license record of type "user", and link the license record to the application records for both the parent and child applications.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)