cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Setting application usage setting to 120 days

Is it possible to change the usage setting for every application to 120 instead of 90 days (default). I know you can for an individual application but I want to change the definition of usage across the board 

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

A procedure for doing this with FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises would be:

1. Execute SQL queries like the following against the compliance database to set the usage period for all applications published in the reference ARL as well as locally defined applications:
    UPDATE SoftwareTitleEx_MT SET UsagePeriod = 4 -- Update usage period for reference ARL applications (months)

UPDATE SoftwareTitle_MT SET UsagePeriod = 4 -- Update usage period for local applications (months)ā€‹

Note that the 1st query above will need to be re-executed after any ARL update if you want the 4 month period to apply to new applications added to the ARL in that update.

2. Create a "dummy" local application and set its usage period in the UI to 4 (months). This is to workaround a problem whereby usage data is only imported from an inventory source for the last 3 months or the longest usage period for any locally defined application (whichever is longer).

Note that usage data from more than 3 months ago are ignored if inventory readers are run in "disconnected" mode - that is, from a beacon (which is always the case with FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud). You can only have a usage period longer than 3 months if your inventory readers are run in "connected" mode - that is, on the batch server of a FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises installations.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris,

Does this mean the usage period changes made in the Web UI are also reset by ARL updates?

Best regards,

Markward

No - the usage period on existing applications should not be updated when an ARL update is applied. However new applications which are created when an ARL update is applied will get a default usage period of 3 months so those records will need to be changed to (in this example) 4 months after applying the ARL update.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)