cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Services in Flexera

Hi Dear Community,

I would love to know the details of what the following services on the beacon server for a cloud based implementation of Flexera is actually responsible for?

Flexnet Inventory manager managed device xx.xx.xx

Flexnet Beacon Engine 

Flexnet Inventory Manager security service

Regards

Cloaky

(2) Replies

Hi Cloaky,

The "Flexnet Beacon Engine" is the Windows service that run the "BeaconEngine.exe". This service needs to run on any Beacon. You can configure the Beacon using the Beacon UI (InventoryBeacon.exe). A link to the Beacon UI is available from the Start menu in Windows.

The other two services belong to the Flexera Agent. A Flexera Agent will be installed with any Beacon when doing an installation using the default settings. In case you do a "custom" installation of the Beacon and deselect the Flexera Agent, these two Windows services will not be installed.

Specifically:

• "Flexera Inventory manager managed device xx.xx.xx" (ndinit.exe) is the background task that kicks off the Flexera agent (ndtrack.exe) on a schedule, as defined by the global FNMS "policy" (Discovery & Inventory > Settings).
  • "Flexera Inventory Manager security service" (mgssecsvc.exe) is the background task tracking user activity and collecting usage data. Usage data are collected for specific applications only if this has been activated during installation or if it has been activated for a whole target (i.e. subnet) in the FNMS UI.

@erwinlindemann  Thank you for the information provided. I greatly appreciate it!