Some users may have issues creating a community account. For more information, please click here.

nvaureal
Occasional contributor

Server consumes multiple licenses based on similar evidence (OS Red Hat)

Jump to solution

Hello all,

I am contacting you regarding a problem I have with Red Hat license consumption.

I have several servers that consume several licenses. Most of my cases concern this :

- I have a server that has the following evidence (as you can see on screen) : compat-sapp-c++ 9.1, Enterprise Linux, compat-sap-c++ v7.2...

- FNMS allocate to this server 3 licences but it should be 1 (datacenter for SAP). 

I have this problem for multiple servers. Even with server with only Red Hat OS with difference evidence (without SAP). I didn't change the license model. The upgrade authorization is activated.

Do you have any solutions (For the moment I have to use exemption) please ?

Kind regards,

Nvaureal

Labels (2)
1 Solution
kclausen
Flexera
Flexera

@nvaureal - You can manage this scenario by converting your existing SAP Licenses into a Product Bundle.  Keep your "Linux for SAP" product as the primary application and then add the standard "Linux Enterprise" software title as a "Secondary" application.  After a license reconciliation, a server that has both the "Linux for SAP" application and the "Linux Enterprise" license will only consume against the Linux for SAP License.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kclausen
Flexera
Flexera

@nvaureal - You can manage this scenario by converting your existing SAP Licenses into a Product Bundle.  Keep your "Linux for SAP" product as the primary application and then add the standard "Linux Enterprise" software title as a "Secondary" application.  After a license reconciliation, a server that has both the "Linux for SAP" application and the "Linux Enterprise" license will only consume against the Linux for SAP License.

View solution in original post

nvaureal
Occasional contributor

thanks !

0 Kudos