- Flexera Community
- FlexNet Manager
- FlexNet Manager Forum
- Re: Saved View Not Using Current Values
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Mark Topic as New
- Mark Topic as Read
- Float this Topic for Current User
- Printer Friendly Page
Saved View Not Using Current Values
I have a saved view in the FNMS Web UI for a listing of Hardware Assets. I changed the Lease End Date value of several Hardware assets to extend a lease. Most of the Hardware Assets with the updated data appears in the saved view results now.
One does not even though the database shows that the value did update for the record.
Any ideas on how to fix this?
I'm wondering whether there is some confusion between built-in fields and custom fields. Your exact setup will likely depend on whether you are using an old version of FlexNet Manager Suite and customizations that have been applied to your system, but here are some comments:
- "Lease End Date" is not a built-in field exposed on asset records in current FlexNet Manager Suite releases.
- However, there is a "LeaseEndDate" column in the Asset view in the compliance database. Values from this column may have been shown when viewing asset records in old FlexNet Manager Suite releases (I'm not sure - some lease field were shown in the UI in the past, but were removed some years ago).
- Your system may show values from the "LeaseEndDate" column on asset records in custom reports.
- Your system may also or alternatively have some lease end date details configured as a custom property, which also may or may not be exposed in reports (depending on how the custom property was configured).
Sorry that's probably as clear as mud! But I hope it at least points towards some different alternatives to look at to try to clarify exactly what data you are working with.
The "Lease End Date" column is still available for use in grids & reports in current releases of FlexNet Manager Suite so people can see data that was potentially added in this field in earlier releases. However this field is not available for editing or viewing in the asset properties when viewing an individual asset record.
So based on the screenshot I'm thinking that you are indeed using a built-in column (no custom property involved). There is a background process which runs to pre-calculate and cache some data that is shown in the UI. If you are not seeing data in the UI that reflects current values you see in the database, it's possible that process has got itself in a knot. Restarting the "FlexNet Manager Batch Process Scheduler" and "FlexNet Manager Batch Processor" Windows services on your batch server is likely to reset this process if that is what has happened.