cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SaaS proof of entitlement entry

Hi all, 

I'm currently leading a piece of work to add all of our proof of entitlement into Flexera and have encountered an issue with SaaS orders. My organisation as yet, have not purchased the bolt on for flexera to recognise SaaS products, so as an interim solution I'd like some advice on how others add SaaS entitlement into Flexera. 

Do you simply add this and leave it sitting in "unprocessed"?

Do you create licences for the products to link to?

Is there a way to link the orders to a licence and for these to be recognised in Flexera without the bolt on? Im concious I dont want to be creating licences then reaping no benefit due to the recognition aspect not working. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, Kirsty Wilson

(1) Solution

@Kirsty_Mills - One way to handle this would be to select those SaaS Entitlements with the check box, and then change the status of these purchases to "Deferred".  This will remove these purchased from the "Unprocessed Purchases" view.  They will then be seen on the "Deferred Purchases" view, and in the future you can select any of these purchases and move them back into the "Unprocessed" view.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

@Kirsty_Mills - One way to handle this would be to select those SaaS Entitlements with the check box, and then change the status of these purchases to "Deferred".  This will remove these purchased from the "Unprocessed Purchases" view.  They will then be seen on the "Deferred Purchases" view, and in the future you can select any of these purchases and move them back into the "Unprocessed" view.

Hi @Kirsty_Mills 

I would capture the PO, and create the license as per normal.  The license will not have an application linked.

Depending on the metric in use, most often named user, allocate the licenses to a named user like you would do for MSDN or O365 -  ie you need a xlsx with user names, email addresses and the license you want to allocate them to - thus you will have reflection within FNMS of Purchases and allocations.

This works for Matlab, Adobe CC, O365, MSDN, Dynamics, etcetc

Regards