cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server standard from FNMS tool

Hello Team!

We have 2 SQL Standard Licenses (Customer and Company owned). Some of the devices which are customer-owned are consuming the license from our organization and vice-versa. Does anyone else have the same scenario here? How do you separate the consumption of both organizations to their proper licenses?

Thank you and I hoping for your kind help!

(1) Solution

I would recommend using 'Restrictions' on the license, such as by Corporate Unit or Location. This will require that you have the Corporate Unit or Location (whichever you choose) values set on the SQL servers themselves (on the 'Ownership' tab of the inventory device). But this is exactly what Restrictions are meant for. Restriction one license such that only Customer servers can consume it and restrict the other license such that only Company servers can consume it.

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

I would recommend using 'Restrictions' on the license, such as by Corporate Unit or Location. This will require that you have the Corporate Unit or Location (whichever you choose) values set on the SQL servers themselves (on the 'Ownership' tab of the inventory device). But this is exactly what Restrictions are meant for. Restriction one license such that only Customer servers can consume it and restrict the other license such that only Company servers can consume it.