cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server (Std/Ent) license configuration

Hi,

I need assistance in configuring SQL licenses in a way that the consumption tab will also pull the Cluster and Host information currently it is pulling all servers with SQL with no hierarchy. I previously was a FlexeraOne user had the SQL license pulling the Clister and Host info. I am just not sure how to have the same in the On-Prem version of FlexNet Manager. Thanks.

(1) Solution

Did you check that you have a VM Host value present for these SQL VMs? It would be on the inventory device record for the VM.

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

It should be the same on-prem, unless you are maybe running a very old version of FNMS on-prem.

Have you checked that you are receiving virtualization details for the SQL VMs in question? If they are VMs without host (due to no virtualization details being present) then of course you will not see a hierarchy on the consumption tab of the license.

My other thought would be the license type you have set up. Some license types will not show the virtualization hierarchy. You should be using 'Microsoft Server Core' (assuming these are per core SQL licenses).

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I actually tried recreating the license in the dev environment but it comes out the same. The IBM licenses are giving the cluster and host information correctly and I am concerned the SQL licenses is not doing the same. The license type is set to Microsoft Server Core. I am out of ideas on what else to change with the licenses 😊
Standard Bank email disclaimer and confidentiality note
Please go to www.standardbank.co.za/site/homepage/emaildisclaimer.html to read our email disclaimer and confidentiality note. Kindly email disclaimer@standardbank.co.za (no content or subject line necessary) if you cannot view that page and we will email our email disclaimer and confidentiality note to you.

Did you check that you have a VM Host value present for these SQL VMs? It would be on the inventory device record for the VM.

Hi, Thank you!

This has help us identify that the vcenters have not been pulling into Flexera. We are working on resolving this issue.