cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Compatibility Level

I am installing FNMS 2019 R2 with SQL 2017

According to the On-Prem PDF it still says that it is still strongly recommended for SQL Server 2016 or later that the compatibility level on the FNMS databases be set to SQL Server 2012 or 2014.

Is this still correct ? Why should we still be downgrading to 2012 or 2014 with SQL 2016 or 2017?

Thanks,

Shawn

(1) Solution
Hello @szernicke2,

The installation documentation for 2019 R2 On-Premises states the following on page 31:

Database compatibility settings have a big impact on performance, especially for the nightly license reconciliation.

Recommended settings are:
• For Microsoft SQL Server 2014 through 2016, set the compatibility level for each database to SQL Server 2012 (110)
• For Microsoft SQL Server 2017 or later, you may use either the default compatibility level (such as SQL Server 2017 (140)), or similarly set the compatibility mode to 110

As you are using SQL Server 2017, then you may use compatibility level 140, per the documentation.

HTH,
Joseph
If my response answered your question satisfactorily, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to heighten visibility for future customers!

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
Hello @szernicke2,

The installation documentation for 2019 R2 On-Premises states the following on page 31:

Database compatibility settings have a big impact on performance, especially for the nightly license reconciliation.

Recommended settings are:
• For Microsoft SQL Server 2014 through 2016, set the compatibility level for each database to SQL Server 2012 (110)
• For Microsoft SQL Server 2017 or later, you may use either the default compatibility level (such as SQL Server 2017 (140)), or similarly set the compatibility mode to 110

As you are using SQL Server 2017, then you may use compatibility level 140, per the documentation.

HTH,
Joseph
If my response answered your question satisfactorily, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to heighten visibility for future customers!

Thank you .. it appears that I was looking at an older release of the 2019 R2 On-Prem document. I just went to the Community -> Product Documentation and see in the online version that it talks about what you have posted. 

Thanks,

Shawn