cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi,

I have the following questions regarding SKU libraries:

On Create a Purchase page, when SKU has been entered, page displays information regarding SKU, is there a way to get those information registered in SKU library via importing an excel file or some other way?

Again on the same page, when we can check whether SKU is recognized or not in SKU library? Is there a way that we could that automatically for bulk of SKUs?

Thanks,

Regards, 

(2) Solutions
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

You can check the Compliance database table "SoftwareSku". You'll find the SKU itself, so you can check, whether you data should be recognized by FNMS.

You can't get most of the rest, because it is encoded to protect Flexera's IP.

Best regards,

Markward

View solution in original post

Hi,

If you're running FNMS Cloud, you won't be able to do that.

If you're running FNMS on-prem, it'll depend on your infrastructure and rights setup. A locally installed SQL Server Management Studio could be used to access the database server and FNMS databases on it. If you're unsure, you should seek advice from your IT colleagues. Maybe have someone fetch the data for you.

Best regards,

Markward

View solution in original post

(9) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

You can check the Compliance database table "SoftwareSku". You'll find the SKU itself, so you can check, whether you data should be recognized by FNMS.

You can't get most of the rest, because it is encoded to protect Flexera's IP.

Best regards,

Markward

@mfranz Thanks for your reply, how can I access/check FNMS compliance database? Do I need to use business adapter or could I access it via flexnet manager suite?

Hi,

If you're running FNMS Cloud, you won't be able to do that.

If you're running FNMS on-prem, it'll depend on your infrastructure and rights setup. A locally installed SQL Server Management Studio could be used to access the database server and FNMS databases on it. If you're unsure, you should seek advice from your IT colleagues. Maybe have someone fetch the data for you.

Best regards,

Markward

I would also add that queries against the SoftwareSku table may take some time (depending upon the nature of the specific query), as there are many rows!

(1,895,946 at my last count.)
If my response answered your question satisfactorily, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to heighten visibility for future customers!

I found an alert on the purchase tab that states "SKu does not match".  the list seems too small to show all the SKUs that are not in the library. this is in the cloud. 

so what does SKU does not match mean? maintenance SKu tied to license? or what?

@schilnr - I am not familiar with an alert that says "SKu does not match".  Would you please be able to attach a screen shot?

used to say something like "sku not in library". that doesn't exist anymore. 

see attached document

See attached.  The Alert Filter Name is just a shortened version of the message you get when you hover over the alert icon on an actual purchase line.  This is to reduce the size/length of the selections in the Alert Filter drop down.

The filter value in the Drop Down list is "SKU Does Not Match"

The message when you hover over the Alert Icon on an actual purchase line is "A purchase could not be linked to a license because is has an unrecognized SKU"

This screen capture is from FNMS 2020 R1.

thanks for the screen shot. 

This alert then is not picking up all the invalid SKUs. 

I've attached a spreadsheet of all the purchases that had the alert. 

then I looked thru some of the other purchases, and found other SKUs not in the library, that did not show up with this alert. Something is not working here.