Highlighted
Flexera beginner

SKU library

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have the following questions regarding SKU libraries:

On Create a Purchase page, when SKU has been entered, page displays information regarding SKU, is there a way to get those information registered in SKU library via importing an excel file or some other way?

Again on the same page, when we can check whether SKU is recognized or not in SKU library? Is there a way that we could that automatically for bulk of SKUs?

Thanks,

Regards, 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rising star

Re: SKU library

Jump to solution

Hi,

You can check the Compliance database table "SoftwareSku". You'll find the SKU itself, so you can check, whether you data should be recognized by FNMS.

You can't get most of the rest, because it is encoded to protect Flexera's IP.

Best regards,

Markward

Softline Group is Europe's leading independent expert in Software Asset Management.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Rising star

Jump to solution

Hi,

If you're running FNMS Cloud, you won't be able to do that.

If you're running FNMS on-prem, it'll depend on your infrastructure and rights setup. A locally installed SQL Server Management Studio could be used to access the database server and FNMS databases on it. If you're unsure, you should seek advice from your IT colleagues. Maybe have someone fetch the data for you.

Best regards,

Markward

Softline Group is Europe's leading independent expert in Software Asset Management.

9 Replies
Highlighted
Rising star

Jump to solution

Hi,

You can check the Compliance database table "SoftwareSku". You'll find the SKU itself, so you can check, whether you data should be recognized by FNMS.

You can't get most of the rest, because it is encoded to protect Flexera's IP.

Best regards,

Markward

Highlighted
Flexera beginner

Jump to solution

@mfranz Thanks for your reply, how can I access/check FNMS compliance database? Do I need to use business adapter or could I access it via flexnet manager suite?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star

Jump to solution

Hi,

If you're running FNMS Cloud, you won't be able to do that.

If you're running FNMS on-prem, it'll depend on your infrastructure and rights setup. A locally installed SQL Server Management Studio could be used to access the database server and FNMS databases on it. If you're unsure, you should seek advice from your IT colleagues. Maybe have someone fetch the data for you.

Best regards,

Markward

Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Jump to solution
I would also add that queries against the SoftwareSku table may take some time (depending upon the nature of the specific query), as there are many rows!

(1,895,946 at my last count.)
If my response answered your question satisfactorily, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".