cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCCM users overwriting the Active Directory Users Full Name

We have active integration with AD and SCCM, however we found AD data is being over written by SCCM and the Full Names seems to be incorrect. Is it possible to stop SCCM to update the AD Full names in All Users section?

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Unfortunately I don't know of any way to control this. If different username details for a single user are found in multiple sources then the import process will just make a somewhat arbitrary choice about which of the available values will be imported - I can't think of any way (short of a change to the logic in the import process) to override or control the choice that is made.

With that said, I'm thinking it would be a little unusual for SCCM and Active Directory to have different username details for the same user: I think common configurations of SCCM source username details from Active Directory. It sounds like in your environment this may not be the case, hence the differences you see.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Unfortunately I don't know of any way to control this. If different username details for a single user are found in multiple sources then the import process will just make a somewhat arbitrary choice about which of the available values will be imported - I can't think of any way (short of a change to the logic in the import process) to override or control the choice that is made.

With that said, I'm thinking it would be a little unusual for SCCM and Active Directory to have different username details for the same user: I think common configurations of SCCM source username details from Active Directory. It sounds like in your environment this may not be the case, hence the differences you see.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi,

I usually disable the user import from SCCM (and other 3rd party inventory). I do this by adding an impossible WHERE clause. Here is an example:

2021-08-13_09h35_42.png

This is easy to do and easy to revert. Also: matching users to machines (Last Logon User, Calculated User) is not necessarily impacted by this change. FNMS will link inventories to users that are in the system already (e.g. imported from AD).

Best regards,

Markward