cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCCM inventory on selective SQL servers not reporting to FNMS

Hi Dear Community,

For some time now - the SCCM adapter is generating the XMLs for SQL servers. However the data is not updated on the FNMS GUI post reconciliation. But this is an issue with selective CIs alone -

These CIs which have issues have one thing in common - The CIs have last reported through the FNMS agent 6 months ago. The agent has no existence on the servers at the present time.

I also have the radio button selection on the beacon application set to merge incoming inventory if two different sources bring in inventory.

Any assistance/feedback  in this regard will be appreciated.

Regards

Cloaky

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Could you elaborate (maybe with screenshots) on exactly what data you are looking at that is not updating?

I'm wondering whether some data (such as software details) is in fact updating but you are looking at something else (such as hardware details). For example, if the FlexNet Manager Suite inventory data is configured as the "primary" source then hardware details from the FlexNet inventory it will override data being imported from SCCM regardless of how current the data is.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your response. Flexnet is our primary connection and yes I did learn from thanks to the community and documentation that Hardware data has precedence over other sources and not for software 🙂

Here I present with two snapshots.

S1.png: The all inventory page for the CI where, the agent last was reported on 9/17/2019. I confirmed with the Windows team and since this is a Windows SQL server, the agent is not resident on this CI. Our SCCM integration successfully completed inventory upload to the cloud on 3/18, yet I don't see the last inventory source changed to SMS and instead it is Flexnet.

S2: We had performed stale registry keys clean up on SQL server where SQL servers where uninstalled, but yet due to the uncleaned keys from registry caches were making FNMS pick up application components like : SQL Server (Unknown Component) 20XX.

Very strangely, the S2.png snapshot shows that the unlinking happened on 3/19. I would want to understand two things here:

1) Why isn't the last inventory source SMS as the integration generated XMLs
2) What action is responsible for these unlinking to occur? SCCM did perform the clean up on their end recently.

Regards
Cloaky

I expect the last inventory date and connection name details in s1.png will show the data that has been imported from the FlexNet inventory source in preference to the data that is imported from SCCM because you have the FlexNet source configured as "primary". Single-valued properties will typically be set based on the primary source data if available.

The unlink from the SQL Server "unknown component" application record may be related to the the registry key cleanup that you mentioned, or it could possibly be related to the ARL change described here which occurred around the same time: Microsoft SQL Server commercial application being recognized when only client is installed.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)