Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Re: SCCM integration with FNMS: pros/cons

Jump to solution

Chris is correct that this data can be much more comprehensive however you do need the SCCM admin to enable this. Very commonly I find most environments keep this function turned off. 

Highlighted
Occasional contributor

Jump to solution

We imported SCCM to our FNMS on Premise deployment for a number of years, but eventually ran into issues with SCCM collecting file evidence. The team that supports SCCM turned file evidence collection off due to resource consumption which lead us to deploy the FlexNet Agent on all Windows PCs and servers. 

Our original intent in using SCCM was to reduce the number of agents running, but have been happy with the FlexNet Agent since we transitioned. It is required for more and more reasons and we felt it would continue to provide superior inventory collection. One example is the collection of software tags. SCCM did not collect this info and it left us with vague or no edition information from IBM and Adobe, etc.

However, turning off SCCM does impact a number of unexpected things. I would definitely recommend working with Flexera support. It is possible to "turn off" the import which does not purge the SCCM data. Once you remove SCCM  it does purge the data, support docs and engineers can elaborate. Also SCCM does supply user data from Active Directory which impacted us as we eventually removed the SCCM data source.

Good luck, I think you'll be happy with the FlexNet Agent alone if you choose to go that route, just takes a bit of work to complete the transition.

Highlighted
Flexera beginner

Jump to solution

What you mean " SCCM does supply user data from Active Directory which impacted us"? What  is the impact?

0 Kudos