cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCCM import failed when applicaton and beacon not on the same release

Hi,

the system tasks on FNMS 2019 R2 shows this message for an inventory import:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventory import failed because the uploaded data package has an invalid signature. This means that there is a version mismatch between the adapter version installed on the inventory beacon and the one saved on the central application server. Inventory beacons that can access the application server automatically update adapters in a short time, so that this error is normally transient. For an inventory beacon in disconnected mode, ensure that you copy the current adapter folder from the application server.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is the result of a SCCM import from a beacon server with release 2019 R1.

So, for me is looks like, that I must update the beacon server to FNMS 2019 R2.
Is that correct?

Kind regards

(1) Solution

Hi,

SCCM data import should work using FNMS 2019 R1 beacon, Does not require inventory beacon upgrade.

Is it possible this failure is once of and related to SCCM inventory package that was collected using old procedure (before upgrade)? and it is not happening anymore. Can you kick off and another SCCM inventory import from beacon and see if it goes through? Assuming there is no manual intervention and beacon connection is enabled (Can be confirmed by clicking on Parent connection through beacon UI). 

Thanks,
Aamer

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

Hi,

SCCM data import should work using FNMS 2019 R1 beacon, Does not require inventory beacon upgrade.

Is it possible this failure is once of and related to SCCM inventory package that was collected using old procedure (before upgrade)? and it is not happening anymore. Can you kick off and another SCCM inventory import from beacon and see if it goes through? Assuming there is no manual intervention and beacon connection is enabled (Can be confirmed by clicking on Parent connection through beacon UI). 

Thanks,
Aamer

Hi,

yes, that can be the answer. Thank you.

I noticed also that since the update of FNMS the beacon software shows only a "Engine update" message.
"The inventory Beacon software is attempting to update" and no more entry under "System Tasks"
was shown for the SCCM import.

Today I started it manually:
D:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\Inventory Beacon\DotNet\bin>ComplianceReader.exe
Running Compliance import command line: ''.
Time: 02 March 2020 08:16:32
FlexNet Manager Platform
Version 13.2 rev 1104 build 0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The result was fine:
Devices read from source to staging: 4102. Inventory data will be updated by the next reconciliation with inventory updates (Import inventory devices task)

But I guess there is an issue with the update of the beacon software.

Best regards

Hi,

also today I got SCCM data, so it's fine for me.

To clarify what the "uploaded data package has an invalid signature" message typically means: when the application server is upgraded, the beacons in the environment typically need to download any updated inventory adapter configuration files that come with the new application server version. This download does not happen instantaneously, but shouldn't take too long (unless something else is going wrong, such as a misconfiguration resulting in download errors). If inventory data that was extracted using old configuration files is uploaded from a beacon to a newly upgraded application server then this error will result.

The message does not directly indicate any problem with upgrading the beacon software component itself, and there is generally no firm requirement to upgrade beacon software component when the application server is upgraded.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)